Synthetic turf is becoming commonly used in rooftop situations and the patented Notts Sport ‘Shockwave Eco Base’ system provides the ideal design solution, particularly where the area is to be used for sports or any other aerobic activities.
Constructed from Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) – the same material used in car bumpers, cycle helmets and packaging materials – ShockWave was developed in consultation with major sports governing bodies.
The system is the ideal solution for a rooftop synthetic turf facility and can be installed in conjunction with a variety of synthetic turf types. Notts Sport can meet and discuss the surface options to ensure that the right combination and design is employed to as closely as possible to offer the best possible performance for your project.
Some key benefits of the system when used in a rooftop scenario;
• Programme benefits – the Shockwave system is performing the function of being both a base layer and shockpad which reduces overall installation time compared to other systems
• Reduced loadings on the rooftop. The Shockwave tiles are lightweight (approx. 1.95 kg per tile)
• Sound reducing properties – ideal to lessen the noise impact of footfall on the floor(s) below
• Enhanced playing performance standards for many sports – the Shockwave system, when an appropriate 3G synthetic grass is selected for installation with Shockwave, this would provide a surface that meets the FIFA 1*, the new World Rugby Regulations, Rugby League and Gaelic Football!
• Easily transportable (each Shockwave tile measures 1.20m x 0.90m)
• Simple installation process – ideal where rooftop projects have multiple trades working concurrently
• Thermal properties – tests show the system provides the same insulation as an aggregate blanket more than a metre deep!
• No large machinery required – helping to design out risk
• Can even be installed with a bedding layer to allow installation even on a rooftop that is not constructed on a single plane
• Excellent horizontal drainage properties meaning can be installed over a non-porous base membrane if required
• Extensively laboratory tested at Loughborough University and MIRA, with further performance testing at independent accredited test houses
• Cost benefits compared to other rooftop systems
• Guaranteed for a minimum of 20 years
Notts Sport has developed an enviable world-wide reputation for high quality, artificial sports surfaces and multi-use games areas with an impressive portfolio of clients that includes sporting bodies, clubs and associations, schools, local authorities and the private sector.
We have more than 30 years’ experience in designing, advising upon and supplying non-turf surfacing for cricket, tennis, hockey and football – and we offer a comprehensive service, from our free consultation and design advice right through to installation and aftercare.
All Customers enjoy our unique & free Design & Advisory Service based on Notts Sport supplying your chosen synthetic grass. This means we work at risk but ensures you have the best chance of achieving your project goals from feasibility studies, to planning, to specification, to tender and aftersales.